Caring for Cab Jewelry January 26 2014
Caring for your jewelry may seem complicated, but with the right care, your cabochons will last a lifetime. Many items are easily damaged and you really don't want to spend a lot of money for something and end up destroying it. Here are a few tips on caring for your cab jewelry.
1. Always clean your stones with hot soapy water. Some chemicals may damage your stones, soapy water works best.
2. Dry cabs with a soft towel.
3. Some stones are safely cleaned with ultrasonic cleaners and some are not. Stones you want to keep away from ultrasonic cleaners include amber, coral, lapis, opal, pearl and turquoise.
4. Clean gemstones with a smooth, soft cloth to remove fingerprints and environmental contaminants.
5. Always store stones away from intense heat and light.